- October 11, 2018
- Posted by: AtmLogin
- Category: News
Your unfinished basement has heaps of potential to become a bonus room in your home! For less money than a new addition, your unused space can be transformed into your next living area, home theatre, man cave or whatever you desire.
Here’s some advice for when you’re deciding what you want to do with your basement renovation:
• Try to keep a minimal amount of rooms. Multiple rooms and walls can sometimes make your basement feel like a dungeon if there is not enough light.
• Instead of full walls, consider walls with window cut-outs or half walls to allow light to come in.
• Sliding doors and screens can be incorporated for privacy.
• Always leave space around utilities and mechanicals for access. The recommended amount is 2 to 3 feet.
• If you’re worried about moisture, choose a vinyl flooring rather than wood. There are many new floating vinyl planks that look so similar to wood you’ll have to look twice.
• Soundproofing is also an excellent idea and can be easily installed during the renovation.